Welcome to TARSHI’s eLearning Course – ‘Understanding and Preventing Workplace Sexual Harassment’
Understanding and Preventing Workplace Sexual Harassment
What is this course about?
Our Understanding and Preventing Workplace Sexual Harassment course has been developed with the aim of bringing forth a comprehensive understanding of sexual harassment at the workplace, as an issue both individual and institutional. We examine the many gender and sexuality-based inequalities and their interaction with other aspects of identity that may be marginalised.
In this course, we expand the definition of and approach towards sexual harassment at the workplace beyond a list of behavioural dos and don’ts. We delve into the invisible and complex dynamics at play at a workplace that give rise to as well as sustain a culture of impunity and silence around discrimination and harassment.
Further, the course equips learners to recognise the different ways in which sexual harassment may be perpetrated at the workplace and provides a practical know-how of rights. This will equip learners with the tools and resources to seek redress, support victims/survivors, and build a safe, inclusive, and affirming workplace.
Why a course on understanding and preventing workplace sexual harassment
TARSHI developed this course to plug the holes in learners’ access to accurate information regarding workplace sexual harassment. Due to the sensitive and taboo nature of the topic, there is confusion and/or silence around issues like consent, sexual and gender identities, violence and abuse, disability, gender norms and roles, etc. In addition, there are gaps in awareness of anti-sexual harassment laws, guidelines and preventative practices. These topics are often not included in professional training courses in most Indian institutions. Our online course provides learners the resources to understand and address workplace sexual harassment from a rights-based perspective, and analyse it from an intersectional lens.
Our work around SISA spaces is crucial in the development of this course. SISA spaces are:
- Safe from judgment, policing, harassment and violence
- Inclusive of diverse identities and experiences (related to gender, sexuality, mental health, disability, class, caste, religion, marital status, and so on)
- Self-Affirming, i.e. affirming of sexuality, and approach sexuality-related topics from a pleasure, choice- and rights-based perspective
A workplace may be a SISA space if it is free from sexual harassment, or actively addresses and prevents incidence of gender and sexuality-based discrimination and violence, as well as builds a safe and inclusive environment for individuals of diverse identities and experiences.
The course aligns with TARSHI’s goal of dissemination of information on sexuality, SRHR, and burnout prevention from a rights-based perspective, especially for young people, whom we hope to equip to make informed choices about their sexuality.
What are the objectives of the course?
- The course aims to explain sexual harassment at the workplace in an easily accessible, accurate and engaging way.
- The course discusses workplace sexual harassment as a complex institutional problem instead of simply an individually perpetrated issue, and broadens the scope of prevention beyond a list of dos and dont’s.
- The course presents a nuanced definition of sexual harassment at the workplace and views it from an intersectional lens.
- The course presents learners with information on the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
Module I: Understanding Sexual Harassment
Module II: Understanding Anti-Sexual Harassment Law
We have been making a few updates to the eLearning interface.
To log in to the course, please click on the Register button and enter your username and password. If you face any issues with the interface, please write to us at email@example.com.