Welcome to Module 1 of TARSHI's Basics and Beyond E-Learning Course on Sexuality, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights adapted from TARSHI's Basics and Beyond Training Manual by our team of experts.
What is this module about?
- This module introduces participants to basic concepts of sexuality, gender and rights. It is the foundational module for further modules in the course
- The eight chapters include Understanding Sexuality, Understanding Gender, Sexual and Gender Identities, Sexuality through Life, and Pleasure.
- These chapters combine technical content with programme principles, best practices, and case studies. Exercises in the module cover basic concepts along with more complex issues.
- Each chapter is highly focused, and can be completed in about 60 minutes.
- The module is designed to be taken online. Participants will also be required to complete some offline assignments like reading and self reflection exercises.
Who is it meant for? How will they benefit?
- Individual trainers as well as organisations working on sexuality, sexual health, reproductive health and rights will
find The Basics and Beyond E-learning Course valuable. Participants working in a variety of related fields will acquire resources
to effectively conduct a training programme on these issues.
- Both experienced as well as novice facilitators can use the key messages, instructions and handouts for each exercise in Basics
and Beyond in their own trainings..
- Students of social work, the social sciences, nursing and medicine will find that Basics and Beyond adds to their repertoire of knowledge and skills.
What are the objectives of the course?
- To build clarity and understanding on sexuality, sexual health, reproductive health and rights issues.
- To build practitioner skills in providing training.
- To provide tools and ideas for implementation in day-to-day work.
- To provide concrete examples and to stimulate thinking to solve problems in the field.
- To act as a refresher for busy professionals.
- To be used as a mini-compendium of basic facts about sexuality, sexual health, reproductive health and rights.
What is the structure of the course?
- There are five modules in all, each with individual chapters, exercises and assignments. This is Module 1. Subsequent modules are under
construction and will be available in the next few months.
- Module 1 has 8 chapters. Each chapter takes about 60 minutes to complete.
- In order to take the course, you need to register.
- If you have registered, please enter your email address and password to sign in.